https://startupsd.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/SSD-StartupSD-San-Diego-California-Entrepreneur-Business-Tech-Community-Events-2019-Organization-Logo-01-500x208.png 0 0 StartupSD https://startupsd.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/SSD-StartupSD-San-Diego-California-Entrepreneur-Business-Tech-Community-Events-2019-Organization-Logo-01-500x208.png StartupSD2016-10-18 16:26:462017-11-19 12:25:02CDI: Founder Workshop
October 18, 2016 @ 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm America/Los Angeles Timezone
Downtown San Diego Partnership
401 B Street #100 San Diego
401 B Street #100 San Diego
Collaboratory for Downtown Innovation
You’re wrong and that’s OK.
It’s time to prioritize learning over being right.
The Collaboratory for Downtown Innovation’s Founder Workshop is an 8 week program to help founders of all stages identify their next best step toward building a company. This workshoprequires 20 hours of commitment over the course of 8 weeks (8 two–hour classes and 8 half-hour prep videos).
This program is for you if:
- You’ve applied to an accelerator or incubator, but havenot been accepted.
- You have been working on an idea, but don’t know where to go next.
- You are frustrated in your current role and feel like there’s something bigger out there for you.
- You’re trying to do everything right, but you’re not getting the traction you need.
We can help you discover what it takes to be successful in your own way. The goal of the program is to provide a foundation of knowledge that can support you in pursuing your next opportunity. The topics will cover both interpersonal and concept development topics.
Here’s what the program includes:
- Oct 18- The Founder in You: What it Means to be an Entrepreneur
- Oct 25- Human-Centered Design: Customer Empathy
- Nov 1- Building Community: Creating True Relationships
- Nov 8- Lean Startup Methodologies: Learn, Measure, Build
- Nov 15- Being Creative: How to Bring out your Creativity
- Nov 29- Sizing up the Problem: Finding a Problem Worth Solving
- Dec 6- Running Great Tests: Assumption Matrix
- Dec 13- Minimum Viable Concept: Defining Success and Determining What’s Next
The Founder Workshop is an invite-only event. However, motivated founders can earn their way to a spot. The first way is to get a referral from one of our community scouts. These are active community members who work with founders on a daily basis.
The second way is to earn it on your own.
All you need to do is attend, and check into, 3 startup or tech events. These can be event that you currently attend, or you can pick a new event from the following websites:
Once you’re at the event, take a picture then and use it in a tweet that includes @sdcdiorg and #StartupSD.
Finally, DM @sdcdiorg on Twitter when you’ve attended the events.
Once that’s complete we’ll send you a registration code.
The Collaboratory for Downtown Innovation