Who Should Apply?
Our Executive Director, Alexa-Rae Navarro, came to the organization in December of 2019 just in time for the pandemic wave. For the last eight years she has worked at the intersection of the tech, corporate, education, non-profit, and public sectors focused on building and scaling entrepreneurship programming and community.
We are looking for entrepreneurs to complement her many superpowers to help us continue to pivot and respond to all the world’s challenges while taking Startup San Diego to new heights.
The ideal candidate:
- One year of experience as a founder or one of the first five employees at a company
- Embraces diversity
- Has a passion for inclusive community and bringing people together
- Plans to start a startup (or currently starting one)
- Is a generalist with a specialization (eg. marketing, sales, community, operations, product)
- Tech savvy (ideally knows how to operate our tools ie. Hubspot, Mailchimp, Canva, Google Suite, etc.)
- Loves experimentation and isn’t afraid to throw away hours of work if there’s a better way to do something and definitely not afraid to fail
- Collaborative team player and low ego
- Comfortable speaking in front of crowds and representing our mission + values to the community
Applications due by Sunday, July 12th, 2020 at 11:59 pm.
What to Expect
Since its inception, Startup San Diego has been an organization by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs. The Entrepreneur-in-Residence Program is year-long residency for six local serial entrepreneurs to reside at the epicenter of all things startups in San Diego as they start their next company.
EIR’s are immersed into the ecosystem by overseeing our core programmatic competencies and supporting the organization to facilitate strategic growth. We are looking for forward-thinking minds to help us cultivate an internal “intrapreneurship” mentality to help develop new key strategies, streamline operations, and solve internal problems to ensure we keep driving toward unparalleled ecosystem impact.